JUNIOR HIGH AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS REVISED RELIGIOUS EDUCATION SCHEDULE FOR THE SECOND SEMESTER
Religious Education Schedule changes– It became necessary to adjust the Jr. High/High School schedule, with us not meeting in person for so many weeks. The remaining month of January will have us holding class every week, rather than every other week since we have many experiences to include in this second semester Religious Education year.
- January 17, January 24 and January 31 are dates on which we will have classes three weeks in a row
- On January 31, we will have the scheduled Teen Holy Hour with Praise and Worship, for both our Junior High and Senior High Students. We will begin this particular evening in the Hall at 5:30 p.m. to explain Eucharistic Adoration and how to pray during a Holy Hour. The Holy Hour will be held from 6-7:00 p.m. We will have a Social Time with food and snacks in the Hall with distancing from 7:00 – 7:30 p.m. Dismissal will be at 7:30 p.m.
Confirmation Retreat for Grade 11 – DATE CHANGE Due to some new Covid restrictions from the Diocese, we are moving our Confirmation Retreat to Saturday, March 20, at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Ashville. Please mark this date change on your calendars.
Arrival will be at 8:30 p.m. Ending at 2:30 p.m. We have scheduled a Bus to transport our Tens to the Retreat, so that parents will not have to be concerned with taking and picking up. The Bus will pick up the student at St. Matthew parish in Tyrone at 7:45 a.m. and at St. Joseph Parish in Bellwood at 8:00 a.m. The Bus will return the students to their Church locations.
February 7 – Religious Education Class Jr. High and High School students. February 7 – 11th Grade students will have the Sponsor Candidate Session
- February 14 – No Religious Education
- February 21 – No Religious Education
- February 28 – Penance Service at 5:00 for Grade & High School students
- March 7 – No Religious Education
- March 13th at the 4:00 p.m. Mass we will have the Rite of Commitment for 10th Grade Students and the Rite of Sending Forth for 11th Grade Students.
- March 14– No Jr. High or High School Religious Ed.
- March 21 – Religious Education
- March 28 – No Religious Education
- April 4 – No Religious Education, Easter Sunday
- April 10 – Sacrament of Confirmation for 11th Grade Students at Saint Joseph 4 PM
- April 11 – Religious Education
- April 18 – No Religious Education
- April 25 – Religious Education
- May 2 – 9:00 a.m. Mass, May Crowning. All Junior High and High School students should be present for this final session for the year.